Sunday, February 24, 2008

The only place with snow!!! - And there, you will find me. =) Wow, I have finally gave in, and made an update on my blog. Phew..!!







Have you ever had a day where you've thought to yourself... I wonder what it'd be like just to spend the day on the slopes...think about nothing else, and just feel the adreneline and fresh air rush right by you?? I have that feeling just about every day. Perfect North has become my little "happy place" where I get away from school and sort out many of life's wonderful issues. It's also been my source of entertainment during those days where you just need to have a good laugh. As I've watched many of times from the lift, poor pathetic new beginners have made the goal of their day - to go down "center stage" . Now if any of you know what that is like, that is , by far, not a beginners course. But, some have quite the determination. In fact, some have a little too much. They WILL go down center stage whether is has to be on their butt, their face, or going head over heels at full speed until they come to a complete stop. In most of these cases, yes the body has made it down the slope, but their skis, and poles are somewhere scattered at the top. HaHa. Those poor, cold, determined souls do not realize that they are not only putting themselves in danger, but everyone around them also. But hey, they WILL accomplish their goal.

So, break has started and I've kind of just been hanging a bit low. I was thinking the other day, how I wasn't able to go home. And I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. But then, it was almost as if God said to me, Ange - there are so many times that you are so busy, classes become the priority, and you fail to spend time with me. I miss my time with you. So, I have decided to take this break, take what I have learned so far in classes, and just ponder over it with my Father. There's also been many of issies in which I have yet to dig through. Sometimes I think to myself.... what if people are following me?? Is the life I am living honoring God? Is He pleased with the decisions I make?? Am I walking a straight enough line? Someone said something to me awhile back that I think applies here. They said - " You cannot plow a straight line, if you're always looking back." whoofmp!! That's exactly what I have been doing...looking back...focusing on my past...limiting what God wants to do in my life NOW...and in the future. I pray as I am sowing my seeds, God will just help me to focus forward. To focus my faith in Him and know that when I can't see where He is working in my life, I can trust that He knows what He is doing.

Well that is it for today. The sun is shining, I've just had a great, yummy sunday meal, and there's snow flakes dancing around outside. What could be better!!?!

Happy Sunday!!!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Look at the PRO at work doing her jumps.=) Sometimes I get jealous that you have the opportunity to ski as often as you do and perfect your techniques.

By the way, that ski coat looks awesome on you. It gives a different perspective for sure now.I just feel bad that I told Meridith you wouldnt like it.I guess he had the faith that I didn't.

Have fun & be careful.

Sam said...

good blog, thanks for the introspective, that was helpful to me.

-Sam

PS, nice music.

The Early Bird said...

I like skiing very much.
Thanks.