Sunday, February 03, 2008

Well, I this little urge to share something that I heard in todays sermon. The scripture was taken from Exodus, talking about the 'Process of time'. Meredith was talking about how those that plant orange bushels for crop tend to pick them too early, resulting in the taste of the fruit being not as rich as it could be. It would be rich if only the fruit were left to truly ripen until it's peak. then picked. The way that I understood this, was that God truly has a plan for my life. Not only may I have to go through some situations that are uncomfortable, or painful or situations in which I may have to turn around so that the Son can shine on my other side, but I am only being 'ripened' for what God really has for me. Sometimes I feel like things should happen like I want them, I should see answers to my questions now, I should see God working ( its frustrating). But, today, I finally stopped to consider just how perfect God's timing is. It is in the process of time, or in the fullness of time that I will learn to grow, to lean on , and to trust my God until I am at my peak. Until I can be plucked from the tree and placed where God wants me. "God will pluck those when they are at their peak."

" God cannot be bound by time, but is also not absent of time either." I think many times I constrain God to a time when I want things done. But I don't realize that just because I am not seeing what I WANT to see, doesn't mean God isn't working.

So, how will I apply what I have heard to my life? Applying this means that I need to work on my patience. God is ripening me for something special. Something specifically he wants to do in my life. Will it be easy waiting? No. But as I hang on and hold tight to my Anchor, God will see me through. It is in the waiting and ripening that I will become more like Him.

I hope this encourages someone. I know it's helped me today.

Goodnight.... Hello to everyone from home!!!

3 comments:

cherylmyers said...

Ange...I love you! I've always told you that God has something "special" for your life. His watch always keeps perfect timing. Don't rush God! I'm praying for you!

Love you, Mutter-MooShoo

Ike said...

Good Post!
Glad to be along as you ripen.

Aimee said...

Just wanted you to know that I've really appreciated your life. I know that whatever God's plan is for your life, it will be REALLY special. Keep true to the real meaning of what life is all about- serving God and helping to make a difference in lives of others.Love and Miss you a LOT. Can't wait to come out there to see you in a couple months!=)